[development] Menu feature -- can we lose this, please?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon Mar 5 23:38:06 UTC 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> I don't think that "in order to access A/B/C you need permission to
> access A/B and A, too" is an unreasonable restriction.  The magic
> flattening always bugged me from a UI perspective, honestly.

agreed.  i put some stupid code into signup.module to deal with weird
UI problems that came from this magic flattening for users that have
"administer signups" but not "administer site" (or whatever it's
called) perms.  i'd be happy to clean it all up in 6.x if the
flattening went away.

and yes, needing to have access to A and A/B to get to A/B/C seems
totally reasonable to me, too, especially given the split of admin
menu perms into "see admin pages" and "have admin rights" as
described by chx's original message...  my only minor quibble with
that is that i'm not sure just having "see admin pages" should give
you access to the logs.  i could imagine wanting to give a role
permission to admin comments, but not necessarily see all site logs.

-derek