[development] Menu feature -- can we lose this, please?

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 15:50:49 UTC 2007

Derek Wright wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:
>
>> I don't think that "in order to access A/B/C you need permission to
>> access A/B and A, too" is an unreasonable restriction.  The magic
>> flattening always bugged me from a UI perspective, honestly.

If user has permission to see 'admin > foo' and only 'admin > foo' user
does not have access to 'admin' (top level - main callback).  So what
would the user get when they click on 'admin' in order to make a second
click to 'foo'?
'access denied'?  That can't be good.

Or do you display 'admin' as a non-clickable menu item - already
expanded to display 'foo'?

andre