[development] file caching abandoned?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Mar 6 17:27:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I might be mistaken but I thought file caching was something much sought
after. I found posts relating to it as early as 2002.

And yet, when the possibility has arisen for it to happen cleanly
(pluggable cache.inc), the code for it has been dumped into CVS on August
26, 2006 and not a single cvs commit since then.

It's not used much according to the issues but that probably has something
to do with not having a single release.

Is the community truly interested? If yes, then please a maintainer step
up.

And yes, I have contacted the current maintainers three months ago to no
avail.

Regards,

NK