[development] progress control (like in update.php)?

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:38:22 UTC 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 00:51, Yves Chedemois wrote:

> (preliminary) patch for D6 : http://drupal.org/node/127539

Cool.  New features like this can make Drupal a better framework, but
we have to figure out a convenient, stable and easy to use API.  It
would be great if other people could have a careful look at your
patch -- challenge the API and the design choices, and figure out
whether you'd be able to use this in your modules.

There are at least 3 places in core where we could take advantage of
this:

   * Importing translations
   * Updating your database
   * An improved cron.php -- I think this would map easily onto
Neil's recent task scheduler proposal.

Gabor/Goba intends to submit the locale auto-install to core, so
maybe you can work with him on that?

Thanks for taking this on, Yves.