[development] Node Weighting

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 15 12:07:02 UTC 2007

Currently there is no method other than modifying the publishing date
to order a node.  This becomes important mainly with the Top Sticky
flag where the node is meant to provide first experience data.  I would
like to consider adding to the Publishing Options a Node Weight to add
to the sorting criteria for the node display.  I am thinking this node
weight is only pertinent to the nodes with Sticky flag set but may be
easier to implement for all settings.  Do others see Node Weighting as
beneficial?

Earnie
P.S.: This work would be for some future release beyond 6.x
P.P.S.: I am not asking anyone else to do the work