[development] Summer of Code 2007 Idea - Drupal software appliance

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Mar 19 10:55:03 UTC 2007

Allister,

before I discuss your idea, it should be noted that you can't propose a
GSoC project which doesn't produce code. As you describe it, your idea
is mostly a task for a sysadmin and doesn't produce code, therefore
wouldn't be eligible for the program.

Your idea, however, is very good. I had envisioned a similar use of
virtual images here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/2742 The problem with
doing my idea as GSoC is that it is more than one person could
reasonably manage, I think, and is dependent on infrastructure that
we're not in a position to provide.

I think what is needed is some brainstorming that combines your software
appliance with performance, scalability and regression testing. Please
chew on these ideas and come up with an alternate proposal. We'd love to
have you apply to GSoC with a Drupal project.

cheers,

Robert

--
* * * * *
Lullabot's First Ever Advanced Workshops Are Here!