[development] SoC Proposal - Drag Drop and Sort API

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:34:21 UTC 2007

Bringing two threads together.

The Soc proposal is at http://groups.drupal.org/node/3225.

I've been talking to Sean via email about this SoC project.  Why?

To mis-quote Boris:

> Feedback: we have too many different [functionality] modules and all you
> module authors should get together and co-maintain one or two solid
> modules rather than writing new ones! :P

I'm trying to implement Drag-and-Drop, so is Merlinofchaos and I assume
several others.

We need a single standard for two reasons:

a) Common solution to common developer needs.
b) Predictable UI behavior for end users. (See
http://groups.drupal.org/node/2512).

This project idea is also a good place to solve the issues raised by
http://groups.drupal.org/node/2971 and  http://drupal.org/node/124978 with
regard to the Interface library for jQuery.

The proposal may need some work, so please take a look.

- Ken Rickard
agentrickard