[development] PHP version stats

Wim Leers bashratthesneaky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 08:52:29 UTC 2007

Although I'm not aware of the details, I understand that FastCGI is
much faster than CGI (it does not spawn a new process for every
incoming request), and DreamHost does support FastCGI. I've actually
compiled PHP5, with eAccelerator and a bunch of other things and am
running it as FastCGI, so I'm very sure it *does* work.
Unfortunately, their MySQL servers are so darn slow that it just
doesn't work nicely... But that's another issue.

Wim Leers