[development] RFC: drupal.org test-site install profile?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sun Mar 25 11:27:38 UTC 2007

request for comments:
http://groups.drupal.org/node/3318

"we could really use an install profile that setup a test site
similarly to how drupal.org is configured (especially the project*
modules and CVS integration). obviously, it wouldn't have the
bluebeach theme, but otherwise, it would look fairly similar to d.o
in terms of structure, content, permissions, etc."

"this would greatly help people who wanted to reproduce bugs and test
patches for the project* family of modules, which is something we
desperately need more of..."

"in his 'State of Drupal' talk, Dries was making a plea for more
people to help with making our home on d.o more like a palace. this
should significantly facilitate getting more "builders" involved in
the construction. ;)"

please reply to the post, either by editing it directly with your name:

http://groups.drupal.org/node/3318/edit

or just leave a comment:

http://groups.drupal.org/comment/reply/3318#comment-form

ideally, someone would volunteer to actually write the profile,
create a project node for it, etc.

thanks,

-derek