[development] Proposed user_access / $user->roles hook

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:54:42 UTC 2007

I think Gerhard's message caught the essential crux of this (i.e. it
won't work).   However, I think there should be other ways to achieve
your goals- it sounds like you are really trying to just require that
nodes be in a group?  Or maybe restricted to a group for some node
types and not others? Maybe you just need some creative use of
hook_form_alter and/or node validation?

I suggest that you make a post forum detailing exactly what you want
to accomplish, and send to the list a short message with a link,
rather than sending all the details to this list.

-Peter