[development] Tarballs not created - What is missing?

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:39:08 UTC 2007

I am currently the sole maintainer of the Greek translation
(drupal.org/projects/el).

In February, a user (fubar, http://drupal.org/user/107150) committed
an (unfinished) Greek translation for Drupal 5 to HEAD without my
knowledge. At the time there was no DRUPAL-5 branch, I noticed those
files in CVS accidentally and I had a short conversation with fubar in
an issue (http://drupal.org/node/125682).

So, I decided to make fubar's work a 5.x-dev release.
- I branched his files to a new DRUPAL-5 branch in CVS
- I added a new project release for that branch.
I waited 24 hours and no -dev tarball was created.

In CVS, the DRUPAL-5 branch exists and contains the right files.
In projects, there is only a pink entry with no files for el
5.x-1.x-dev in "view all releases"
(http://drupal.org/node/11417/release) and there is no tarball.

My next attempt was to add something myself into that branch and to
make a specific release, so:
- I committed a readme.txt file containing a "work in progress" notice
to the DRUPAL-5 branch.
- I tagged all the files of the DRUPAL-5 branch as DRUPAL-5--0.1-alpha
- I created a project release for that tag.
No luck. Another pink entry appeared for an el 5.x-0.1 release
containing no files, and no tarball was generated.

There have been several days since. What am I missing?