[development] Overlap / Sharing work

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Fri Mar 30 22:13:03 UTC 2007

Here are some current things I am working on for a project. Wanted to
post here to see if anyone is working on something similar and was
interested in working together:

    * Amazon Wishlist integration
    * Friends' activity block like Facebook: I'm still thinking about
      this. We can easily get node and comment Views with Buddylist like
      "My Friends' Recent Nodes", but we want an aggregated
      watchdog-like list that has other stuff too "Your friend Joe made
      friends with some user Rachel", "Some user Steve posted a comment
      on some node of yours", "Your friend Joe posted a comment on some
      other node", Voting, etc. I want to build this as flexible as
      possible so it can be contributed back. A new module that maybe
      uses Actions to perform a logging action on certain user
      operations. Not sure if that makes sense. But it's definitely like
      a watchdog log per user.
    * Pulling facebook profile info in from the Facebook API
    * Probably work on the Community Tags module for 5.x that was a
      clean up of my huge Tagadelic patch a while back so users can tag
      other users' nodes
    * Doing some invite stuff, so extending or cleaning up invite.module
      may be in order
    * Maybe some ACL-Buddylist integration to allow friends to have
      extra privileges (low priority)
    * Want to do some FOAF stuff like LinkedIn to see how far removed
      someone is from you (low priority)

--

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO