[development] Overlap / Sharing work

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Fri Mar 30 23:11:15 UTC 2007

Hey Bill,

How's the Ed stuff going. I've been checking in at DrupalEd.org and
watching your posts on the list, but am swamped with some cool stuff
happening over here in Hawaii.

*Amazon Wishlist:* We're going to be building some proprietary stuff
(just because it would only be applicable for us) on top of this, but I
wanted to get a basic Wishlist API module so other people could build
off that. It looks pretty easy. There is a kick ass REST service through
AWS so you can just hit
http://www.awszone.com/scratchpads/aws/ecs.us/ListSearch.aws put in
WishList for ListType and jeff at amazon.com for Email and you'll see an
example. Just need a Drupal Wrapper API using drupal_http_request() to
get a list, etc. I've got a good handle on that one so I could probably
take most of that in the next couple days and send what I have to see if
you guys think something should be added.

*Friend's Activity:* What did you think of my explanation on this one?
I'm thinking of more of a watchdog_user module or something that will
have a watchdog per user and then want to flush out the most modular way
to tell modules to log to watchdog_user on certain actions. What is the
best way to implement this in hook_nodeapi(), hook_comment(),
hook_buddy() need to extend Buddylist for this, hook_taxonomy() for
tagging notices, hook_votingapi() need to look into this one
more...Thoughts? This one needs more collaboration I think.

*ACL-Buddylist integration: *I'm not even sure what I would want to do
with this one yet, so I'm going to defer this on my end.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation
http://www.electronicinsight.com