[development] Two new core modules

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue May 1 13:33:17 UTC 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 6:44 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> there are two existing modules I'd like to see added to Drupal 6:
>
>  1. OpenID
>  2. Actions

this is great!  glad to hear it -- i'm sure both will be excellent
additions to core.

however, you forgot the one me and merlin have been working towards:
update_status.module. ;)  (true, the plan is it'll just go into
system.module, not be a new stand-alone module)...

just warning the rest of the development team that this, too, is
slated for D6 core if we can finish in time.  however, with merlin
v2.0 about to be (already?) released, it's going to be falling almost
entirely on to my shoulders unless some other folks can help.  in
particular:

http://drupal.org/node/136172

which is what's blocking:

http://drupal.org/node/128827
http://drupal.org/node/125742

both of which should ideally be done before this turns into a patch
against system.module.

there's an extensive roadmap of what needs to happen in #136172, and
it certainly can be split up if anyone else wants to help.

so, (familiar scene) dww comes pleading for help... ;)  please reply
to #136172 with your intention (if any) to help, and we can sort out
the details.

thanks!
-derek

p.s. anyone with sponsorship money lying around that would love
drupal core to be able to tell you when your site is out of date or
running a known-to-be-insecure release; and/or would love it if
drupal.org could accurately tell us how many sites (that volunteer to
share anonymously) are running any given module, theme, translation,
etc; should contact me about funding this to ensure it ends up in D6,
not D7... ;)