[development] Translatable strings for 1st/2nd/3rd/nth

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:01:12 UTC 2007

> We need to expand the downloadable translations from being only .po
> files to something that may include also some code, maybe a language
> icon, maybe some theme functions.... (language packs)

I thought about that, too, but I'm not really comfortable letting
translators write code that is executed in my Drupal installation.
Maybe that's just me, but I have a gut feeling about it. But even
such functions leave us with the gender problem.

> ... or using some web translation service to provide translations when
> there's none available...

Is that serious or a joke?

Konstantin Käfer – http://kkaefer.com/