[development] .tpl-ifying Drupal

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Fri May 4 00:33:32 UTC 2007

Earl Miles wrote:
> In fact, I believe that smarty will be better (assuming someone
> maintains it and ports it to Drupal 6) due to these changes.

The one place that the alternative engines will have to do real work will be
that they should probably ship with their own versions of all the .tpl.php
files that Drupal 6 will ship with. I expect this to number between 50 to 100
(depending on how hard we work to convert things over) but as you can see from
my previous example, I expect most of the actual .tpl.php files to be fairly
simple. It may even be possible to do the bulk of the conversion via regex and
then test for anomalies.