[development] Newbie announcement + starting a new meeting related module

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat May 12 19:31:53 UTC 2007

Apart from David's suggestions, you might want to consider splitting the
functionality up into different kinds of globs of responsability.

Seems to me like you have meetings, tasks and a way to view the minutes of a
meeting together with the status of their embedded tasks, as a report, and
as an easy form of navigation.

For example, a meeting can have tasks (issues, cases) referenced into it in
some way.

Now, look and see if there do not already exist content types/modules that
can duplicate PART of the total functionality, and then fashion a mashup
with cck (nodereference) and views.

Of course, you are behind the eight ball if the module you want to re-use
has no support for cck and/or views.

Then consider using David's approach and fashion content types (meeting,
with usernode and/or user references, nodereferences; task; ...) and views
(or embed views into content type displays...).

Because part of the problem is not only that of overlapping modules, but
also modules which do not abide by any architectural considerations in terms
of fostering re-use, and separating modules into convenient re-usable
class-type entities.

Hope that helps,

Victor Kane
awebfactory.com.ar