[development] update/replace the book module - poll, questions

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:34:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

> 4) Keep a minimally updated "book" in D6 and a new module which can
> convert over your existing book structure.  Eliminate "book" in D7.

I'd not go for this option because we provide an upgrade path anyway.
So I don't see a reason why someone would want to keep a book
structure if he or she can convert it easily to an outline which
behaves in the exact same way. Maintaining dying out parts of core is
in my opinion not worth the effort. From what I have read, the
outline module doesn't look fundamentally different to the book module.

Konstantin Käfer – http://kkaefer.com/