[development] Drupal's CVS policies... including 'foriegn' code in TinyMCE module?

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Mon May 21 20:21:11 UTC 2007

Kevin Reynen wrote:
> I understand the slippery slope argument.  If this is a situation
> where the reasons would have to compelling enough to include a
> specific K of "foreign code"... who would make that decision?
Library file size limits seem reasonable if this is a concern or becomes
a problem.

> Unfortunately, I don't know enough about CVS to know how this creates
> more work or who does that work?
I think it should be up to the module maintainer to decide if there is
less work in maintaining the 3rd party code in CVS or to field the bogus
bug reports and hand holding that inevitably follow not doing so. We
have some good mechanisms to manage this code (CVS) and the effective
distribution (update Status module) of it in D6 and i for one think this
is a great use of them.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org