[development] Drupal's CVS policies... including

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:36:17 UTC 2007

I see both sides here.  Compromise proposal.

Include a section in the Project description that lets the developer place
links to the supported third-party libraries hosted on external sites.
These would be similar to the CVS / Documentation link fields that we have
now.

Data needed:

- TItle
- Link
- Module Release Version(s)
- Notes (optional)

It might also be good to have a function that could check the user's
installed library hash against the "sanctioned" version used by the module
developer.  This feature would be similar to (incorporated into) the
update_status module.  The proposed hook would simply be a function that let
the module pass hook_hash($path, $filename).  We might store the library
hash values in the module.info file. If the hash check fails, update_status
would flag the module as needeing an update.

Seem like a plan?

- Ken Rickard
agentrickard