[development] Fwd: Re: Drupal's CVS policies... including 'foriegn' codein TinyMCE module?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue May 22 17:00:25 UTC 2007

On May 21, 2007, at 6:27 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> I think the Update Status module
> (http://drupal.org/project/update_status) should eventually
> incorporate SMF-like installs, but since Nedjo Rogers maintains Update
> Status AND contributes to TinyMCE... my guess is if there was a
> secure, reliable way to install Moxie's latest release that way or
> update Drupal modules from the CVS, he'd already be doing it.

this isn't entirely true:

1) Nedjo wrote the original implementation, but these days,
update_status is maintained by myself and merlinofchaos (which is
handy, since i maintain all the back-end server code in
project_release.module, the packaging script, etc).  i'd certainly
love to have nedjo's expert help again, but these days, he seems to
be keeping himself busy with other things.

2) speaking of update_status knowing how to update your drupal
modules from CVS...

http://drupal.org/node/124661

(in particular, comment #4)

once the D6 feature/API freeze happens, i might be persuaded to
return my attention to implementing the scheme i came up with there.
if anyone else wants to work on it in the mean time, it's sketched
out in fairly high detail, so it's not really blocked on me.  and,
it's possible some of the groundwork for that will be done before
update_status 5.x-2.0 and the move into D6, anyway.

i wasn't considering external sources, so that complication requires
a little more thought, if folks really care about that.  but, the
basics are well understood.

-derek