[development] Patches - code freeze

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:44:10 UTC 2007

I would still very much like to get some sort of book module overhall
done, but it really can't start until this patch is in:
http://drupal.org/node/145058  The minimal idea would be to use the
menu code to make the book menu block, which should (I hope) be much
faster than how book module does it now.

Also, I feel like it's a high priority to provide additional help to
Karoly to get menu module to work (at all).

For the code freeze, is it better to try to get new functionality in,
rather than actually doing the work of writing update functions?  Is
it better to leave one core module (menu) broken on the assumption
that later patches will have to go in so that we can refactor book
module?  I feel like I'm in a lose-lose situation.

-Peter