[development] drupal.org downtime tomorrow

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Wed May 23 14:59:45 UTC 2007

Has someone run performance tests on converting the search_index tables to
innodb?  If someone wants to help me get a half dozen d.o tables, I'll run
the performance tests and report the results.  While developing new search
queries, I've found the difference on some search_index GROUP BY HAVING
COUNT(*) clauses to be 30 seconds verses half a second.  We really should
benchmark this on the 5.x search.module code before converting... in my
opinion from myisam to innodb.  It should be noted that you can leave some
tables (one table) as myisam and everything else as innodb.

Doug Green
904-583-3342
www.douggreenconsulting.com

Bringing Ideas to Life with Software Artistry and Invention...
Providing open source software political solutions