[development] Drupal's CVS policies... including 'foriegn' codein TinyMCE module?

Matthew Farina matt at mattfarina.com
Thu May 24 22:59:09 UTC 2007

Can someone explain what would be the difference between including a
configured TinyMCE and TinyMCE from moxiecode?  Would it just be the
configuration file or more?

I'm starting to wonder if going with a ftp/sftp approach (like
Joomla) has wouldn't be a bad idea.  We could keep the code out or
our repository yet have the installer pull it down and put it in the
right place/give a simple upload window as a step with instructions
where to download it.

In the case of TinyMCE, if it's just the config file that could be
written via this ftp/sftp functionality.

And, maybe not allowing the change to CVS policy would give incentive
to write the ftp functionality.

Just some thoughts....

Matt

On May 24, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Sean Robertson wrote:

> I would like to see a Drupal-optimized TinyMCE package.  It'd make
> it a lot easier on me if it had standard Drupal-related plugins
> already installed so I didn't have to do that manually for every site.
>

> Matthew Farina wrote:
>> At this point a number of merits for both directions have come out
>> here.  Currently the policy is to not have them in CVS.  What
>> would it take to change that policy?
>> On May 24, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Kevin Reynen wrote:
>>> I had conceded to host the Drupal specific version of TinyMCE
>>> myself, but Tao's message was interesting enough to suck me back
>>> in to this.
>>> Round 2... ding, ding
>>>
>>> Nedjo asked about the 3rd party library issue ( http://drupal.org/
>>> node/124978), but it looks like Jeff just went ahead and uploaded
>>> the files he wanted to use to CVS as part of the modules instead
>>> including links and documentation for where to download the files
>>> and how to install or configure them.
>>>
>>> Jeff includes unmodified? versions of jquery.js 1.1.2 and compat.
>>> 1.0.js (http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/plugins/compat-1.0)
>>> in jQuery_update.  The interface.js (78k) included in the
>>> JQuery_interface is available from the developer at http://
>>> interface.eyecon.ro/changelog
>>>
>>> I also found it here...
>>>
>>> http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/js/jquery/