[development] Drupal's CVS policies... including 'foriegn' codein TinyMCE module?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sun May 27 04:29:31 UTC 2007

On 5/26/07, Ashraf Amayreh <mistknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is mainly for Dries and Andy.
>
> The case by case approach seems to be a logical solution to this problem.
> And the modules that may request this are a very limited, so it goes without
> saying this won't bog someone down and make CVS admins' lives miserable.
>
> Can we agree on who should be contacted to negotiate inclusion of customized
> external code? That sounds much better than just going back and forth
> without really achieving an end result.

The infrastructure / CVS list would be the logical places. Gerhard
tends to be the main guardian of our CVS repo. Having the discussion
in private won't make the decision any better...if you read Gerhard's
response, he's pretty clear on status.

Most of the rest of this thread was talking about various solutions at
the "wouldn't it be cool if..." stage. A patch to the project module /
packaging scripts and/or an architecture doc on how such a thing would
be built would be more useful.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889