[development] $node namespace woes -- can we fix this in D6?

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Wed May 30 04:16:23 UTC 2007

> book variables should be named more specifically, along with rest of core
> and contrib. and yes, this convention should be documented better. we're
> on the same team, folks.
>
> i should have added that if someone proposes a good alternative, i'm sure
> it will be considered carefully. thats also the drupal convention.

Now that we have the beginnings of a schema API in core, we likely should be
looking for a naming convention that facilitates schema-aware data
transactions. See the point "We change the way we current load properties
into objects to reflect their data structure" in this issue:
http://drupal.org/node/145684