[development] Google Gears

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Thu May 31 15:40:49 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07 11:21 AM, Boris Mann wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com> wrote:
>
>> In my situation, it's not a "community" site where the posts are simply
>> moderated and approved, but rather a publication where the posts are
>> actually edited for content and HTML formatting. What I envision is that
>> one could download all the unpublished nodes to local storage, edit them
>> there, mark the desired publication date/time for each, and upload the
>> changed versions.
>>
>> I'm not saying it's trivial to build this, just that it would be very
>> useful if available. :-)
>
> Which is possible already with the Blog API (been editing Drupal posts
> offline for years).

*and* presuming you're using a "simple" content type - i.e. title & body
only.

> Except for the desired publication date/time,
> which would mean extending the MetaWeblog API.

MetaWeblogAPI already supports sending pubDate (supported by most major
clients) ... the issue is more that Drupal by default doesn't have any
concept of "don't show anything published in the future".

> Although I'd rather see
> people work on the Atom Publishing Protocol.

/me *winks* at eaton.

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net