[development] Fun CCK idea.

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu May 31 18:29:21 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, adrian rossouw <adrian at bryght.com> wrote:
> I was thinking it would be cool if we could have a way for CCK node
> types to be defined by modules.
>
> The same way that modules can provide default views.
>
> A quick way to do this would be to just have a module that generates
> a module for node types, generating the .info, and the .install ..
> and probably a dummy .module.
>
> this could really help with install profiles.

Yes, there is currently no way to do CRUD with CCK stuff. And it hurts
install profiles. So, making the CRUD bits with CCK happen will enable
this for modules AND let you also create on-the-fly node stuff in
install profiles.

I have a snippett of code somewhere that duplicates stuff from CCK to
allow CRUD to happen, but it's a hack.....

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889