[development] Fun CCK idea.

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu May 31 18:39:12 UTC 2007

On 31 May 2007, at 8:29 PM, Boris Mann wrote:

> Yes, there is currently no way to do CRUD with CCK stuff. And it hurts
> install profiles. So, making the CRUD bits with CCK happen will enable
> this for modules AND let you also create on-the-fly node stuff in
> install profiles.

Perhaps just adding a hook_node_fields($type), which is a cck data
structure to be imported
into the db.

Then the modules could just expose bog standard drupal nodes, and add
the fields to them.
I don't know cck well enough to know whether something like this
doesn't exist.

You'd also need to dump the node type settings, but that's a single
var per type, iirc.

It should be possible to dump multiple node types to a module too, so
you could have a
$profile_node_types.module be generated , to set all that up.