[development] Fun CCK idea.

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu May 31 18:46:41 UTC 2007

On 31 May 2007, at 8:31 PM, Mark Fredrickson wrote:

> Unfortunantely, a lot of the CCK field adding, updating, removing, etc
> is tied up in form submission right now. In fact, the
> content_copy.module import is basically just mocking up drupal forms
> and submitting them programmatically. This is not to say a CRUD API
> couldn't be written, just that I've been down that road before, and I
> it wasn't fruitful. :-(

So? export the default_values of the form array structure to the
$module_content_fields($type) function.
I bet fquery could really useful for this.

And instead of doing that code in the install profile, by hand, you
just enable the module. Which has it's own
.install which just recurs through the exported data in the
$module_content_fields($type) hook, for each
$type that the module defines.

Ideally we'd need to hook into the forms for the validation and
especially the code that creates the tables any way.