[development] OpenId open to phishing attacks.

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Wed Nov 7 15:56:25 UTC 2007

My point is that a picture and phrase would provide a false sense of
security, since a phishing site could request it on the user's
behalf, display it, collect the user's input, and post it to the
OpenID server. By providing a false sense of security, the picture
could be worse than doing nothing. The only possible defense is for
the user to notice that the page has been decrypted. A simple warning
not to submit the form unless the secure icon is shown in the browser
would be the best security.