[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Nov 11 02:50:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 9:06 PM, Liza Sabater <blogdiva at culturekitchen.com> wrote:

> Something I took out of my article, I'm going to share here : The way you
> speak about Drupal is a fantastic way to sell it to other developers but
> it
> does nothing to a lot of people looking for a "blog platform on steroids".
> And by blog, remember, I am not referring to the technical word but to the
> mythical "The Blog" that people relate to as the key to web 2.0 success.

Drupal is different things to different people. It is a CMF (Content
Managment
Framework), a project, and a community, way before it being "just a blog".

One of the things I suggested on the marketing group is developing
several "30 second elevator pitches" each for a specific use/audience.

I will not repeat it here. It can be found at
http://groups.drupal.org/node/6943#comment-20457

I honestly believe a developers version of Drupal should be distributed.
> This would be your dream Drupal and it hopefully will create the space for
> creating distributions that actually speak to "mere mortals", aka "the
> market".

The developer version is, well, Drupal itself. The API is there, and one can
write all the modules they can eat.

Install profiles address the rest. If one wants a blogging install profile,
then
it is fairly straightforward to do one. Perhaps it is done already even.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com