[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Liza Sabater blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sun Nov 11 17:32:54 UTC 2007

--------- Original Message --------
From: development at drupal.org
To: development at drupal.org <development at drupal.org>
Subject: Re: [development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina
Date: 11/11/07 05:44

> David Strauss wrote:
> &gt; 'Cause if someone just wants a blog, we tell them to use WordPress.
No
> &gt; one benefits from making Drupal into &quot;Super WordPress.&quot;
>
> Actually, one of my long term goals is to get Drupal to the point where
> it can compete with Wordpress. There *is* a benefit to this in terms of
> marketing and perception.

THANK YOU.

As I said, most organizations and multiuser projects don't know that when
they ask for "a blog" they're really asking for Drupal. And if they do, they
just say it's too hard to use.

I hope that focusing on distros will help in working out UI and UE issues.

I actually have a bit of an issue with the distros, but I'll test D6 first
before making any comments.

BTW, I still do a double take when I read "profile" on this list. I
immediately think of USER profile, not INSTALLATION profile. In terms of
User Experience, I think it can be a problem.

--
Liza Sabater, Publisher
culturekitchen.com

AIM cultkitdiva