[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 12 13:52:45 UTC 2007

Quoting Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com>:

> I disagree with Chris Johnson regarding his fear that we would be dumbing
> down Drupal if we made the terminology we use easier.

You might not be dumbing down Drupal but you would have dumb down me.
I didn't even know the work taxonomy before Drupal.  I'm glad it was
there for me to learn.  Rather than a focus on changing the terms in
Drupal why not focus on educating those who don't know what it is.
Perhaps better help context in the taxonomy module might help those who
don't know.  What I find more disturbing is the multiple use of terms
within the Drupal Schema; vid means what, vocabulary id, version id,
etc.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/