[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:25:23 UTC 2007

On 11 Nov 2007, at 17:48, Wim Mostrey wrote:

>>> 'Cause if someone just wants a blog, we tell them to use
>>> WordPress. No
>>> one benefits from making Drupal into "Super WordPress."

I don't mind having two or three profiles ship with Drupal core.  They
could help market install profiles and gives people one or two
concrete examples to start from when building their own profiles.  I
think this would come a long way in helping to promote install profiles.

Specifically, I'm willing to accept a dummy.profile that populates
your Drupal site with some dummy data and that gives you a kick start
by pre-configuring a number of common things (i.e. it could create an
about-page at q?=about, and it could setup a contact form that is
accessible from the primary navigation).  In fact, I wouldn't mind a
blog.profile either -- it could also setup 'tags'-vocabulary with a
term 'Drupal' or something.

If we think this is important, and if they emerge within the next day
or two, we could ship those with Drupal 6.  These are important
usability/strategic improvements, not API changes.