[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

catch libcom catch56 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:33:08 UTC 2007

> >   taxonomy module -> classification module
>
> I am fine with that.

Classification is fine.

> >   vocabulary -> category group
>
> Two words would be confusing, especially if category is used for term.
>
> How about just "category" here.

Category is a problem because other systems (WordPress) use category
to mean "term", and in many cases don't have a concept of multiple
vocabularies or hierarchies.

There needs to be a clear distinction between the vocabulary and the
highest level of a taxonomy term hierarchy - that, I think, is the
main issue at the moment. I'd go for something neutral like
"container".

> >   term -> category or tag

> We can keep it as a term. The issue is the "vocab", not so much "term". Tag
> is more specific to free tagging, and may be overloading the term.

I think term is fine. Terms can be tags, tags aren't always terms -
that can be made clear in help texts etc.