[development] Taxonomy labeling changes

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Nov 14 19:51:14 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Neil Drumm wrote:

> Here is how to get this accomplished:
>
> 1. Design 2-3 new well-thought-out naming schemes.
> 2. Test each, and our current system, with 5 users. Chose users with
> various skill levels and various backgrounds in other software.
> 3. Objectively see what is best instead of subjectively speculating.
>
> Let me know when you have a well-written usability report and I will
> write the patches.

While I appreciate your general approach, I'm forced to ask:

Is this the methodology that was followed which got us to the
existing mixup of confusing terminology and inconsistencies in the UI?

There's been an outpouring of support for the proposal to keep the
existing terminology, but to use it consistently in the UI.  Why is
there resistance to just fixing that in D6 while we still can,
instead of further delaying it with other hoops to jump through?

-Derek (dww)