[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Nov 14 23:04:54 UTC 2007

Op maandag 12 november 2007, schreef Larry Garfield:

>The only alternative I see is to use data-structure-based query builders
instead in some cases.

> While I agree that forcing us to think about multiple databases is good
> architecturally, we just don't have the resources to support non-MySQL as
> well as we do PostgreSQL.  I would not object to committing the MySQL
> portions and fixing PostgreSQL later.

This whole thread is the main reason why many projects choose to build a
really DB independent system. Like AdoDB or Active Record. Those two, IMO are
OTT for drupal, but still, its worth noting it down somewhere: "Nov 2007: big
issues, long threads, frustrated developers, delayed release: caused by our
DB-bstraction, not being really abstract enough".
Bèr

--
 Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development http://webschuur.com