[development] New core install profiles for D6? (was Re:Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina)

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Nov 15 22:12:41 UTC 2007

On 14-Nov-07, at 9:28 PM, Dmitri G wrote:

> I've made a single-user blog profile using only core.
>
> I'd like to see peoples opinions on it!
>
> Where should I upload it?

Attach it to the issue mentioned earlier in this thread.

BUT

I agree with what Dries said ... putting a sub-optimal core-module
only install profile in core is probably the wrong thing to do.
Making a *great* extra downloadable blog install profile is the right
thing to do, so go ahead and make a new "install profile" setting and
start rallying support. And fix more of my install_profile_api bugs
while you're at it, Dmitri :P

As per Adrian's earlier comments, install profiles are going to need
some re-working in the D7 time frame, and around about there
somewhere DWW will have put cycles into packaging scripts, too, if
funding happens as planned and/or lots of people jump in to help.

FYI -- Bryght Basic profile includes a "tags" vocabulary out of the
box...

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889