[development] New core install profiles for D6? (was Re:Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Nov 16 02:41:26 UTC 2007

On Nov 15, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Boris Mann wrote:

> install profiles are going to need some re-working in the D7 time
> frame, and around about there somewhere DWW will have put cycles
> into packaging scripts, too, if funding happens as planned and/or
> lots of people jump in to help.

FYI, so we're all on the same page here...

My efforts aren't going to be "around about D7 time".  If all goes
according to plan (and all the current pledges of funding actually
come through), there will be packaged install profiles on d.o in
about a month or so.  I have every intention to support fully
packaged D5 install profiles.  Of course, that doesn't rule out other
install profile improvements once D7 development opens up.  But,
people shouldn't consider this functionality something only for the
distant future.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)