[development] Do not let postgresql hold back great patches

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Nov 16 23:20:44 UTC 2007

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> "Karoly Negyesi" <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
> >
> > > In my opinion, the reason for that is that it's sooo damn easy
> > > to install PostgreSQL and test a patch against it.
> >
> > You are kidding me. First of all, we do not even have enough patch testers. Second, damn easy to install PostgreSQL? Really? Where is the handbook page? The video?

Wait a minute ... allow me to retract my previous statement and
get out of the trap you tricked me into.

Why are you being so confrontational?  You _asked_ _why_ and I
gave you my opinion.  Now you're arguing that my opinion is no
good, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still my opinion.

Stop turning this into an argument and perhaps you'll get more
support.  I have no desire to argue the relative difficulty of
installing PostgreSQL on this list.  If you want to discuss
that, take it to the PostgreSQL mailing lists.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com