[development] Views 2: Call for help

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon Nov 19 04:02:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 5:39 PM, Dmitri G wrote:

> Without your assistance and contributions, there will be no Views
> for Drupal 6 within any useful timeframe. If we don't have Views 2
> ready for the D6 release date, the vast majority of casual users
> will not even bother to download and try Drupal 6. That would be
> bad, so you need to get involved in helping to complete Views 2 so
> this scenario doesn't happen!

To add support to Dmitri's email, I'd like to add this:

Without a D6 version of views, drupal.org will not be able to upgrade
to D6, either, since we're going to rip out about a 1/3 of the code
in project* and make it require views, instead of porting all that
nasty code to D6.  Without a d.o upgrade, 6.0 will not be released.

Please help.

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)

p.s. http://groups.drupal.org/node/6180 for the interested reader.