[development] How many modules is too many?

Greg Holsclaw Greg.Holsclaw at trouvemedia.com
Wed Nov 21 19:57:28 UTC 2007

If the code volume (# of lines, kilobytes of file size) is the same,
then the memory imprint will not really be affected. But speed will
suffer since each file that has to be opened slows things down.

Drupal 6 will better optimize this issue by allowing module developers
to better include only the needed files through the menu system, thus
reducing overall memory usage without adding much overhead for opening
more files. I am sure chx would give a better summary.