[development] drupal on postgresql benchmark

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Nov 27 00:05:29 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 7:09 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> What I normally do (not for this benchmark, but for tuning) is:
>
> Add skip-innodb, which saves some 100MB of RAM for the MySQL.

That's a borderline-reckless thing to say around here.

Not using InnoDB is one thing -- and good luck with that when you've
got lots of users, lots of comments, and some forums -- but actually
removing the option at the server strikes me as more than a little
foolish.

Incidentally, there are lots of places where Drupal could use
transactions when they're available.  user_add and node_save would
both be a lot more DB-crash-resistant, for starters.

jh