[development] view + cck or views + form_alter

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:01:48 UTC 2007

If you would like to customize the theming of a view, use the "theming
wizard".

It generates 3 pieces of code, namely code to insert into
template.php(generates the necessary variables and a callback function
which invokes the
php template file), a php template file which generates the semantic html
for the view, and a css file.

Alternatively, you can invoke the view programatically in the page php
template file, either with op "embed" to just insert the view somewhere on
the page, or as "item" (see views_build_views comments in views.module),
which will send you a hash of data which you can use as you like.

The best views documentation can be found in the handbooks here:

http://drupal.org/node/109604

It includes tutorials and is worth going over with a fine toothcomb.

If you spend a day or so going over this documentation, you will be
well-equipped to solve your problem using a variety of methods, and you will
have a better foundation for future projects, rather than just seeking a
quick fix.

saludos,

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar