[development] Core drupal.module moved to contrib site_network.module

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Oct 9 03:26:49 UTC 2007

I think the issue is that once d.o moves to D6, sites that
use the drupal module will stop working unless we do
something we don't have today (maintain backward
compatibility) or document that this is no longer
a service (auth against d.o).

How do we communicate with sites that are still running
the drupal module on older versions? No practical way
except an advance announcement on the front page.

Even if we make openid work on 4.7, there is still the
gap in communicating that to the sites. Perhaps we can
add some code on d.o today to check where the logins
are coming from and contact those sites?