[development] [VERY LONG] localization of currency, float, dates accordingly to language chosen

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Oct 11 14:34:52 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> My general feeling is that translations and taxonomies are too highly
> coupled... I won't comment further without some more knowledge on my
> part of the current status, but I think you got an idea about what I
> mean from my previous email.

Hint: we did not do any taxonomy translation in Drupal 6, so they are
neither coupled or not.

> I ask you just a bit of patience more for my rudeness but at this
> time my module is agnostic of the drupal version and non Italian
> content still have to be thought... but I need a smooth path to have
> localised strings (dates, float, currency...). Any help on this?

From what you explained, your module might solve all Drupal i18n
problems, so it is probably too complex for me to look at. Although I
have not seen any from that, so it is quite hard to give any
suggestions.

> I read in your thesis:
> "Local functionality By implementing a custom install profile, I
> distributed the Hungar- ian interface translation with local
> functionality for Hungarian date format support and features for
> common hosts, beginning with Drupal 5.1 [38]."
>
> Just dates? what about float? is this stuff already ready and hidden
> somewhere in the source of 5.2?

I needed Hungarian date support + I did not need to modify how
floating point stuff is presented + Nobody else contributed that = It
is not there.

Gabor