[development] What's a critical issue

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Oct 19 19:45:07 UTC 2007

I just can't keep myself from responding to this.

First, Microsoft "bought" this statistics, by going to large domain name
registrars and offering them incentives to park their domains on IIS to
pump up the traffic. One of those is GoDaddy, and with the number of
domains they park, you see the spike in there.

Google is your friend for details.

Second, Netcraft's data conflicts with other statistics by other companies.

For example, see this:
http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/200709/index.html

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin