[development] What's a critical issue

Colan Schwartz colan at openject.com
Fri Oct 19 17:21:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 07:10:27PM +0200, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> "Fernando Silva" <fsilva.pt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Linux + OpenLDAP + Apache + (Exim or Postfix) = hmmmm how much? and
> > with what integration?
> While they may have less integration out of the box I think you can
> install LAMP in a much more streamline way.

On Ubuntu server all you have to do is select the "lamp-server" task in
aptitude, and install it.

That's the easy part.  What takes some time is locking down the box
security-wise.  I have no idea how that's done on Windows; I haven't
done any technical work on one of those for about ten years.

I'm assuming SVN, Drupal, Trac and all that would take similar amounts
of time to install on both systems?
-c.
--
Colan Schwartz