[development] What's a critical issue

Piermaria Maraziti piermaria at maraziti.it
Sat Oct 20 07:02:31 UTC 2007

At 01.04 20/10/2007, you wrote:

>How much does your hour cost?

A lot, I'm a very experienced linux user :-)

>I wanna pay you, but you sign a contract
>and advance the same amount I'll pay you, in case you don't finish the
>job!

And, yep, I really installed a couple servers in an hour also if,
normally, it takes some more. But a simple configuration and hardware
that has no problems is as simple as that to me.
Obviously, if you have a lot of quirks: raid+lvm2, strange
partitionings, attached storage, cluster configuration... various
hours, one day or more is likely.

I was also microsoft certified - my *opinion* is that for serious
things, for websites that might be attacked by hackers and for
servers with critical performance issues, windows is weel behind
linux... however I do not make religious wars about this.

Also, I think we're well out of topic - I won't answer more if we
don't return to drupal issues :-)

Ciao!

Piermaria Maraziti piermaria at maraziti.it KALLISTI
ICQ744473  MSN:kallisti at hotmail.it  +3934735GILDA